As a Managing Consultant within our National Healthcare Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care executive leadership team in building the firm’s revenue cycle performance improvement initiatives. In addition, you will be working with a highly collaborative team that is solely dedicated to the health care industry. This position is a comprehensive role which requires clinical and analytical skills.
- Manage large projects focused on clinical documentation, coding and billing compliance or operational improvement
- Coach and mentor our staff/senior revenue cycle consultants
- Execute quality client service and identify additional value added services
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership through speaking forums, whitepapers, webinars, etc,
- Active participant in specific healthcare industry groups (e.g. Becker; s Hospital Review, HIMMS, MGMA, HFMA, AHIMA, HCQM, etc.)
- Assist with new business development, growing our client relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities
- Advise, communicate and present to all levels including C-suite, revenue cycle management, steering committees, board of directors, etc.
- 7+ years of coding, clinical quality, utilization management or a related field
- 4+ years of denials management experience and knowledge of payer requirements are required
- Past employment with large/medium sized Consulting firm(s) and/or hospital environment strongly preferred Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in health-care related field required (such as nursing or health information management)
- Healthcare credential (such as RN, RHIA)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Additional clinical documentation improvement credential preferred
- Experience with data analytics utilized in middle revenue cycle, clinical and financial operations
- Performance improvement experience as it relates to middle revenue cycle services in the hospital and/or physician group environment
- Understanding of bolt-on technologies utilized for coding improvement and efficiencies
- Experience with EPIC and/or Cerner is a plus
- Exposure to other technology platforms such as 3M, TruCode, MEDITECH, Athena, Allscripts, NextGen, etc. is helpful
- Travel up to 60-70% required depending on client commitments
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.