Managing Consultant - Energy Transportation and Mobility Project Manager
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out business and technical analyses to deliver high quality client work. This position will lead complex projects while at the same time serving as part of a close-knit team. Also, our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and focus on maximizing client value.
This position involves working directly with clients to develop strategic plans, business cases, and cost/benefit and other analyses to maximize client value while also limiting risk. This is a highly challenging position that draws heavily upon all the analytical, creative, and interpersonal skills essential to effective regulatory and general strategy consulting. The role requires frequent communications with clients and coworkers while effectively sharing information.
Project responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously within budget and schedule.
- Participating in proposal development and the business development process.
- Leading small teams for projects requiring multiple resources.
- Preparing and presenting analysis, reports, and other documents for internal and/or external client use.
- Business case and financial pro forma development
- Mentoring and managing junior staff.
Additional responsibilities for this position may include:
- Strategic corporate and regulatory planning
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of transportation options in context of utility regulations and requirements
- Uncertainty and risk analysis
- Integration of transportation into energy markets
- Emerging technology diffusion (e.g., automated driving, wireless charging, smart charging)
- Developing a network of electrified transportation stakeholders and major players
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Energy industry experience, particularly with a utility or other energy provider.
3-5 years of strategic and/or management consulting experience.
Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
Proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with a variety of subject matter experts providing input
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, Finance, Public Policy, or related fields. Masters degreepreferred.
Auto industry experience in a product development and management or market research role, with preference for electrified transportationexperience.
Working knowledge of some or all of the following: transportation market in the US (global knowledge a plus), electrification options, how vehicles impact electricity markets, energy efficiency, renewable energy, demand response, smart grid and related topics in North America (global knowledge a plus).
Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data