Managing Consultant - Banking, Insurance & Capital Markets
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Our Banking, Insurance and Capital Markets practice brings together over 250 experienced consulting professionals and industry leaders focused on solving our client’s most difficult challenges.
Our extensive industry experience spans all products including mortgage (originations, servicing, default, and securitizations), retail banking, credit card, student lending, and auto lending. Our team of professionals includes risk management and compliance professionals, CPAs, data analysts, process reengineering experts, and technology specialists. As a member of our team, you can expect to be engaged with clients at leading financial services institutions, devising solutions for their most difficult challenges.
We offer solutions in six primary areas:
- Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance – We help our client’s risk, compliance, and control functions assess, analyze, and control activities and events that may hinder their ability to achieve operational, financial, and strategic objectives; meet regulatory compliance expectations, and respond to regulator actions.
- Operations Strategy and Effectiveness – We partner with executives to solve critical operational challenges and attain efficient, reliable operations, systems, policies, and procedures that reduce the cost of doing business, ensure a consistent and positive experience for customers, and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Technology Advisory and Enablement – We provide our clients with expert independent advice and end-to-end implementation assistance in aligning information technology with operational business needs and managing IT security risks.
- Accounting and Financial Reporting – We help our clients measure financial performance by leveraging our experience in accounting policy, financial reporting, and valuation.
- Quantitative Analytics – We help our clients make sound, data driven decisions through our model development, model validation, and data analytics services.
- Business Process Outsourcing – We provide outsourcing solutions to help clients improve efficiency in claims processing, data conversion / scrubbing, and loan testing, all within a highly secure and quality-controlled environment.
As a Managing Consultant on the BICM team, your responsibilities include:
- Client Service – Execute and deliver high quality engagement tasks both independently and in a collaborative setting with a focus on client satisfaction
- Problem solving – Deconstruct our clients’ most challenging problems and develop innovative, industry leading solutions, approaches and methodologies
- Project management – Play a lead role in supporting key client projects, ensuring projects are completed in an efficient manner to meet client deadlines
- Practice development – Participate in the management and development of practice initiatives (e.g., recruiting, people and culture, internal communications, and training)
- Business development – Engage in the pursuit of new business including drafting documents, proposals and client presentations
- Industry knowledge and development – Expand your industry knowledge, contribute to the development of consulting capabilities and effectively articulate our key business propositions to clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced challenging client focused environment where priorities and scope may change quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical field; MBA or MA/MS degree in a related field a plus
- 6 or more years of experience in banking, insurance or capital markets as a consultant or in the industry
- Prior management consulting experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Banking regulations and compliance
- Operational improvement and effectiveness
- Technology strategy, governance and effectiveness
- Business architecture and operating models
- Business process improvement and robotics
- Change management
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills, tailoring communications to both clients and coworkers
- Creative problem-solving ability and a collaborative, consultancy mindset
- Focus on exceptional quality in all deliverables Proven ability to successfully lead client service delivery teams that deliver the highest quality work
- Demonstrated positive and productive client relationship skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
- Ability to generate a quality work product in a timely manner while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Experience working on discrete, time sensitive projects
- Highly motivated, driven, and dynamic attitude towards work and career
- High-energy, positive, persuasive, and aptitude to lead by example Ability to travel up to 100% for client engagements as required
- CPA, Lean Six Sigma, PMP or other relevant certifications are a plus