Managing Consultant - Anti-Money Laundering, Global Investigations & Compliance
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Navigant’s Global Investigations & Compliance team has unparalleled Anti-Money Laundering Investigations, Compliance and Advisory expertise; Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Investigations, Compliance and Advisory expertise; and Public Sector Investigations & Monitoring Services expertise. Our professionals conduct investigations and assess and enhance compliance programs, including internal controls systems; develop and implement training programs and deploy proprietary technological and investigative due diligence protocols for some of the world’s largest companies. We combine deep investigative, law enforcement, industry and accounting skills to address all of these of matters.
- Investigate potential money laundering and fraudulent financial activity across client business lines.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Anti-Money Laundering and financial fraud investigations. These include FCPA, OFAC and/or PEP filtering systems, KYC file remediation, AML gap assessments, AML compliance monitoring and AML training and the review and preparation of SARs
- Training and development of Consultants
- Quality check deliverables to ensure they are ready for client delivery
- Direct day to day activities of Consultants and Senior Consultants
- Prepare client communications, both written and oral, for senior level review
- Ability to understand the importance of privileged and confidential information
- 5-7 plus years of experience in a public accounting and/or litigation/disputes consulting firm, financial services industry or regulatory environment
- CFE, CPA or CAMS certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in accounting, finance, economics or related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
- Familiarity with common fraud or money laundering schemes
- Understanding of the legal, corporate governance and regulatory environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data