The Scrum Master is a servant leader and coach for an Agile Scrum team, assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable. Our Scrum Master guides the team to self-organization.
The Scrum Master removes impediments (by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment), helps manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
The Scrum Master's responsibilities include managing team ceremonies and processes, assisting the team in achieving their commitments by building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
The Scrum Master facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as well as assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Our Scrum Masters will support teams that cover consumer-facing software development.
1. Assists the team's progress in achieving their commitments through strong issue, risk and dependency management. Collaborates with partners external to the team, including vendor partners and other Scrum teams for delivering, resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
2. Coaches the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly impact quality.
3. Partners with Product Management, Engineering, and User Experience experts as a member of team leadership, to achieve results in delivery of key features needed in both development releases as well as product enhancement features.
4. Host Scrum team ceremonies such as backlog refinement, stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives.
5. Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team and stakeholder leadership.
6. Manage budget and spend through forecasting, team allocations and monitoring. Required Qualifications
5+ years of relevant work experience including:
-Strong servant leadership skills, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, mentoring, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
-Experience with large scale development environment.
1+ years experience with other Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
1+ years experience using project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, CA Rally, Confluence/SharePoint, etc.
1+ years experience and advanced understanding of resource allocations, forecasting, and budgeting. COVID Requirements COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Scrum Master Certification
SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification Education
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience Business Overview
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.