Managers and Senior Consultants - Academic Healthcare
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Academic Healthcare practice partners with executive leaders of academic health systems across several service lines that focus on areas such as enterprise strategy; organizational design of the clinical enterprise; affiliation agreements; graduate medical education and AMC-community provider alliances/affiliations. We assist our clients as they revisit their clinical and academic strategy, partner with community providers, make needed changes to their organizational structure and further engage in value-based care.
As a Manager or Senior Consultant, you will be part of a team responsible for solving the most complex and strategic issues faced by AMCs. Our clients are seeking our assistance as they revisit their clinical and academic strategy, partner with community providers, make needed changes to their organizational structure and further engage in value-based care. Small project teams allow you access to senior client executives (typically the C-suite), as well as regular contact and coaching from highly seasoned partner-level consultants. We are unique in that we offer Managers and Senior Consultants visibility within the firm and exposure to a broad range of healthcare projects.
Depending on your position, your responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting data to inform client recommendations.
- Performing detailed, quantitative analysis; building Microsoft Excel models; and preparing operational and financial projections.
- Leading information-gathering efforts.
- Helping develop a project’s approach, strategies, and work plans.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Developing project findings and recommendations.
- Preparing project materials and reports.
- Presenting final deliverables to client sponsors.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Identifying follow-on opportunities and helping to scope and close follow-on engagements.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work closely with multiple project teams and ECG principals.
- Communicate effectively with management and executive-level client staff.
- Identify opportunities to engage clients on future projects.
- Take responsibility for project outcomes.
- Learn about ECG’s breadth of solutions and identify those that reflect personal and professional interests.
- Participate in peer and junior staff knowledge development and career advancement.
- Act as an ECG ambassador within personal, professional, and alumni networks.
- Prior experience in academic healthcare consulting and/or hospital administration/operations (3+ years for Senior Consultant and 6+ years of applicable experience for Manager-level positions)
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the academic healthcare sector
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or master’s degree in a health-related field; bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field preferred
- Proven track record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Track record of strong client service
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities
- Advanced Excel expertise
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel 60+%