Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment, contribute to our dynamic teams and "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all you do? We are SBA Communications, (SBA) a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions.
As a member of our team, you will be inspired by our Guiding Principles; Integrity, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset, Quality, Customer Service, Innovation and Collegiality. If you are challenged by the opportunity to stretch and grow yourself and your career, then SBA Communications can help you “Reach New Heights”.
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless" and apply or text keyword Corpsba to 313131
Oversee zoning litigation activities and provide assistance to departments as requested. Coordinate zoning activities of TDI and the Compliance team. Establish policies and processes for zoning litigation activities. Oversee project management for competitive zoning approvals and zoning approval renewals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the recognized subject matter expert in the area of land use law and regulations, zoning regulations and related state and local government affairs.
- Review, analyze and offer counsel on zoning ordinances and land use planning laws and regulations.
- Review, draft and negotiate legislative bills and amendments to existing statutes.
- Participate in the oversight of pending land use, zoning and permitting matters, while assisting with litigation support as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day litigation activities and initiatives of the TDI group.
- Review zoning synopses and prepare forecasts.
- Manage the interface between the TDI group and the General Counsel and provide final sign off for new TDI litigation matters.
- Review zoning documents for TDI matters for final sign off and CRM update
- Provide research and information to the Real Estate buyout group.
- Manage the Zoning CRM system for zoning approval renewals and zoning actions.
- Manage outside consultants during zoningprocesses.
- Assist the Regional Site Managers and the Area Operations Directors with TDI issues in the field.
- Represent SBA with local government staff in the preparation/processing of zoning approvals/public hearings.
- Represent SBA on the WIA Regulatory groups and the State Wireless Associations.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- May direct activities of administrative support staff and legal assistants as assigned by Associate General Counsel and General Counsel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS in related field required or 4+ years’ equivalent work experience
- J.D. degreepreferred
- 3+ years of experience in land use, zoning, knowledge of local government, wireless telecom experiencepreferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with zoning and municipal authorities is required.
- Project management skills required.
- Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge and ability to work withCRM technology experiencerequired or equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge and ability to work withMS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet navigation and e-mail usage required.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel via phone, in person, e-mail and written correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Sitting 75% of the day.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.