Great vacations begin with great employees! Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Manager, Youth and Family will lead all activities and programming, concept development efforts for children and families for Royal Caribbean International. This role will develop concepts that directly respond to consumer insights, understand white space to innovate, and define what's next in terms of the vacation experience while strengthening the equity of the brand. Leading and influencing cross functional teams across the organization to gain alignment and gain buy-in from executive leadership to meet the long-term marketability and strategic goals of the Royal Caribbean Cruises.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategic and creative thinking as well as strong analytical, written and verbal communication, storytelling, and presentation skills . This role requires that the candidate have a proven track record of leading teams through ideation and design of guest experience products.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Senior Manager, the Manager requires the ability to direct teams that ideate concepts for our guests, by both fostering and demonstrating a culture of data-driven and vacation experience focused product thinking and innovation.
- Develop youth and family concepts that are grounded in consumer insights and latter up to the Royal Caribbean brand promise. Overlay innovative ideas that surprise and delight and create for differentiated and superior experiences.
- Partner with the Insights & Analytics team to develop research plans to guide concept development that will strengthen the equity of the brand and deliver exceptional consumer experiences supporting Royal Caribbean¿s long term strategy.
- Identify clear short and long-term youth and family concept development roadmap and strategy.
- Analyze a wide variety of data to make data driven recommendations for concepts and lead innovation by developing experiences that directly respond to consumer desires/needs.
- Partner cross functionally to gain alignment on concepts and strategic vision/direction
- Foster a highly collaborative cross functional team, where cross-discipline dynamic communication is paramount to success. Partner with newbuild, operations, strategy, analytics, and product development, to socialize design guidelines and strategic vision.
- Create presentations showcasing the strategy and concept to share recommendations with senior management and CEO.
- Build and develop the critical thinking and concept development skills of team members
- Bachelor's degreerequired; MBApreferred
- 5+ years business, product/brand marketing or strategy experience
- 5+ years youth/family and activities/education/recreation experience
- 5+ years of experience in the hospitality/consumer product
- Past Management Experience
- Strong creative thinking with ability to develop innovative ideas and creative problem solutions
- Ability to apply strong analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Experience developing strategic framework and design experience concepts
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the business to effectively translate that into a strategy
- Ability to analyze data and research results to make recommendations
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing internal and/or cross functional teams
- Ability to assemble, lead and influence cross functional teams to develop strategies that include input and buy-in from all stakeholders
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to take personal initiative
- Deep knowledge and extensive track record in leading teams in the development of vacation experience concepts
- Strong business acumen
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills, experience presenting to executive leadership
- Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong key computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)