HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
Print Marketing is on a roll – our award winning creative and innovative marketing programs, built from a deep understanding of our customers, are delivering business results. We’re looking to extend our streak by adding a Rockstar marketing leader to our team.
This role sits in our Strategy and Operations team and will be key to driving initiatives, programs, messaging and activations across all of our print customers – from individual consumers to the largest of businesses. The work will be varied and will likely move at a fast pace. From developing messaging for a pan-print initiative, to creating videos that showcase our marketing activities; from building social media programs for strategic partnerships to ensuring Print shows up spectacularly at internal and external events, the remit is wide, the speed is fast, and the demands are high. You and your team will also own our Print Marketing Taskforce events, where we bring together top marketers for intense planning and work sessions.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with quickly getting to grips with a situation and delivering value immediately. You’ll have experience in social media, video production and a deep background in event marketing. If you’ve never managed an event for 100 people or more, this job is not for you. You’ll be able to cut through ambiguity and find the key details that need to be addresses. You’ll be a strong communicator, able to write and judge messaging and positioning; you’ll have a keen eye for creative; and you’ll be able to envision customer experiences that compel. You are self-driven and able to carry project end to end.
You’ll likely have a background in country marketing, a marketing agency or in a mid-size company that prioritizes marketing and thus have had a finger in many marketing pies. You’ll also be as comfortable working with college interns as presenting your ideas to our Executive Leadership Team. You can create amazing presentations and work magic in a spreadsheet. And you know what it takes to build and develop a small team into a superstar operation.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Hire/manage/develop junior ICs.
- Direct/supervise the development and alignment of multiple marketing strategies, value proposition and tactics to drive awareness, consideration and purchase intent for HP product/services/solutions offerings within specific regions or countries.
- Direct/supervise sales support, solution content within a customer segment or industry context.
- Direct/supervise the development/deployment of program goals/benchmarks and measurement of results using appropriate marketing metrics.
- Direct/supervise closed-loop analysis and competitive positioning for specific industry and customer segments.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years marketing experience and/or solution development.
- Experienced in managing virtual teams.
- Prior experience in managing direct reports a plus.
- Industry, sales, channel and/or program management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence direct reports and virtual teams.
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with different management level.
- Strong influencing, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
Job ID 3024335