Requisition ID: 19361
The Manager, Workforce Planning and Analytics drives the improvement of FedEx Supply Chain’s strategic position by conducting research, forecasting, and analysis of data and trends to support strategic workforce planning. Provides analytical Human Resources (HR) support, HR initiatives, and impact analysis on the business. Ensures the maintenance of data integrity, development of dependable analytical tools for the HR functions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Provides accurate and dependable modeling and various scenarios for HR projects/initiatives and their impact on the business including, but not limited to, the development of special projects focused on internal and external assessments, studying demographic and economic data, and understanding and applying data in support of organizational business plans.
- Directs the preparation of analyses and presents recommendations related to workforce planning, future resource planning, automation, process improvement, and cost and impact analysis for initiatives impacting the business area.
- Engages company business leaders in business strategy discussions to determine workforce implications; translates business strategy into human capital needs and potential impacts.
- Manages process improvements and business/analytic model development for Human Resources Department.
- Determines workforce supply/demand gap and forecasts available pool(s) of talent (e.g. collecting, interpreting and analyzing demographics, current and projected staffing levels, current and projected skill mix, turnover trends, retirement risks and external labor market data.)
- Collaborates on defining business data needs and IT infrastructure to ensure integrity of HR data.
- Assists and collaborates with Legal counsel in data mining and analyses.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, computer science, mathematics or related quantitative field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years’ experience required in business consulting, financial analysis/planning, predictive modeling/forecasting, engineering, project management, or operational analysis or related area with three years in a management position.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures related to internal and external factors influencing Human Resources and proactively translating the strategic needs into specific strategies and requirements.
- Understanding of the industry, marketplace, and possible trends that may affect business outcomes
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.