Manager, Workforce Management and Business Operations
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet networkprocesses over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Program and Business Management Office supports project and business management across Corporate IT.
This position will report to the Head of Program and Business Management within the CIT organization. The Program and Business Management team is responsible for all business management activities across the organization including:
- Portfolio level management of approximately 160 projects with an annual portfolio size of ~$80M.
- Business management activities including financialbudget and forecasting, audit activities (both internal and external), and resource budgeting and forecasting.
- Matrixed direction and oversight of the Project Management Office (PMO) teams within the organization, to ensure governance and consistency in practices.
- Management of cross organizational and division initiatives.
- Corporate IT Workforce Planning management (primary role):
- Manage and reportrequired information to critical stakeholders on progress on the CIT Workforce Plan. Stakeholders include recruiting (university and experienced), HR Business Partners, Finance, Technology Business Management, and the Workforce Project Management Office (PMO).
- Perform quarterly updates of the overall workforce plan for review with executives and the Workforce PMO.
- Work closely with the CIT leadership to understand both the qualitative and quantitative components of their respective workforce plans.
- Track and present the progress and forecast of the CIT teams’ workforce plans for different levels of management.
- Communicate any workforce planning related issues or roadblocks to management and the Workforce PMO.
- Partner with Finance on tracking the forecast for the workforce plan to ensure headcount and budget align.
- Evaluate and ensure the process for updating the workforce plan is manageable for hiring managers and leaders by incorporating tools such as SharePoint.
- Manage the submission of high quality and informative updates to C-Level management.
- Ad hoc business operations support (backup support):
- Coordinate all-staff level activities including all-staff meetings, town halls, brown-baggers, newsletters, training, team-building and other employee engagement related activities, as required.
- Audit and compliance activities.
- Engage effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, and Visa senior management in supportresponsibilities of
- Eight to ten years of proven experience managing complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively
communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Must have a strong analytical acumen, and the ability to think strategically.
Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing
priorities, assignments, and roles.
Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
Independent judgment and mature decision making skills.
Thorough attention to detail and the ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
Ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist.
Job Number: REF6963V