Republic Services is looking for an ambitious, capable and experienced Manager, Warranty to join our network of over 32,000 employees serving 14 million customers and over 2,700 communities across the United States. Under the leadership of the Director, Fleet and Asset Management, this position directly orchestrates the management vendor partners, automated warranty systems, business processes, and training required to support a vast number of people and equipment resources within the Fleet and Asset Management organization. Additionally, the Manager, Warranty owns technical project management activities related to new initiatives undertaken by the team, ensuring that projects are delivered to achieve expected business benefit - on time, and on budget.
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organization as we support one of the most technically advanced fleets on the road. Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Owns warranty value targets and improves processing & recovery metrics.
- Manages warranty analysts and contracts employees to warranty performance goals.
- Owns continual evaluation and improvement of business system functionality and upgrades over time.
- Develops and coordinates strategic business requirements for systems optimizations, upgrades, etc.
- Collaborates with technology teams, business users, and vendors to manage development, implementation, and training of system changes.
- Organizes timely communication of system and process change and drives effective organizational change management procedures.
- Oversees and coordinates business systems projects, budgets and timelines.
- Supports and guides business process resources in the documentation, refinement, and inventory of key field and corporate policies/procedures.
- Develops and directs structure and rollout of field trainings related to Fleet and Asset Management organization.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in warranty management on a regional/national scale.
- Understanding of business process concepts (Mapping, Optimization, Lean Six Sigma).
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective training procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to assist in the management of departmental projects and/or initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (executive presence).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).