The Manager, Warehouse Operations is responsible for managing the flow of all finished product in and out of the facility to include: production and inbound shipments receipts, customer shipments, interplant shipments, inter-warehouse shipments, and maintaining control of all inventory on-site including ingredients, packaging, and work in progress. Supervises hourly employees in support of storage and shipping functions and outlying functions of quality inspections, equipment/facility maintenance, and warehouse sanitation.
Responsibilities, Opportunities and Challenges:
- Directly supervise, coach, and mentor a team of 27.
- Manage employees in safe and efficient finished product warehousing, outside storage, special packaging, and all inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensure all inventories on hand are handled properly in SAP throughout the reconciliation process and month-end closing
- Maintain dock and storage facilities in an organized manner
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures, good manufacturing practices, and safety standards
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of production/warehouse management experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Strong SAP/ERP/WM/Master Data abilities strongly preferred. Experience with warehousing programs required
- 5 years of proven experience managing inventory and order reconciliation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations or related preferred
- Superb people skills in mentoring, coaching/counseling, motivation, performance management, and employee relations
- Effective communicator, bilingual in Spanish preferred by not required
- Continuous Improvement mindset, short-term and long-term
- Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision-making abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities including presentation skills with recommendations and data
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, provide accurate reporting, and utilize data
- Experience in project management, lean, and continuous improvement environments preferred
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) or related credential preferred.