Freeman is looking for a Warehouse Manager to oversee union and/or supervisory employees in operations. Adhere to the strategy within their specific function. Manage budget. Focus in operations management, execution, and process improvement, planning and scheduling in the warehouse department. OtherResponsibilities include:
- Responsible to direct staff & service providers to maintain facilities & equipment guidelines, provides analysis & input to annual operating / CAPEX budget processes
- Develop & implement preventive / predictive maintenance programs to maximize up-time
- Makes recommendations on equipment lifecycle management & replacement economics
- Capital project management
- Identifies capital improvement projects, develops capital improvement projects as assigned
- Develops specifications, conducts bid processes, performs financial analysis and makes recommendations on capital projects
- Develops & executes capital project implementation plans, ensures completion according to schedule and within capital project budget, works with operating department to ensure results achieved
- Operations process improvement
- Champion Quality processes throughout facility
- Daily balancing of labor availability and volume requirements throughout facility.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop & retain effective warehouse staff.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving as well as OTR truck scheduling.
- Responsible for receiving Goods by validating the quantity & quality of goods or services received.
- Responsible for MOT regulations supervision and enforcement. Act as purchase agent for warehouse materials and show site consumables
- Bachelors Degree in a related field.
- At least Three (3) years of prior operations experience
- At least Three (3) years of strong people management experience
- Proven computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation skills and the ability to network with suppliers.
- Must have knowledge of typical warehouse machines and equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations