We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Fraud Department investigates external and internal fraud matters and works to recover funds which have left the firm due to such unauthorized activity. The ideal candidate will embrace Schwab’s core values of seeing through the “client’s eyes” to ensure we offer the best possible experience to our clients while protecting Schwab.
The fraud department is part of the Financial Crimes Investigations (FCI) group, which is comprised of the Anti-Money Laundering, and Anti-Bribery is part of the Corporate Compliance organization. FCI assists across all enterprises in the assessment of BSA / AML / Sanctions risk presented to our business units, and is committed to complying with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities as well as activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations.
What you’ll do:
The manager will assist the Visa and Check Fraud Investigations Director with the daily operations of the VCFI team
Embraces the Schwab culture- trust is everything and that every client deserves efficient experiences. Every time.
- Ensure that all Visa debit card, check, and ACH fraud related cases are investigated appropriately
- Ensure regulatory guidelines and timeframes are met
- Lead, mentor and coach team members to operate at their best potential
- Manage and enhance existing processes with a focus on increasing overall efficiency
What you have:
- 5(+) years of hire-fire people management (not Project Management) experience, required.
- 5(+) years of experience within the financial services industry (i.e. bank and/or broker-dealer). Will also consider applicants with relevant work experience out of law enforcement.
- 3(+) years of progressive experience in the areas of Visa Debit/Credit cards, ACH and check fraud investigations a must.
- Experience managing chargebacks for a bank or merchant, a plus.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written, are musts.
- Strong working knowledge of Regulation E, National Automated ClearingHouse Association (NACHA) and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), ideal.
- Experience defining and implementing operational processes and procedures, ideally in a fraud management environment, a must.
- Excellent and proven relationship management skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and MS Word, required.
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of Schwab Bank and Broker Dealer systems used to review and research payment transactions
- Visa Systems experience a plus.
- Fraud certification is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life