Chewy is seeking a talented, passionate, and proactive Supervising Video Editor to join our in-house video production studio located in Dania Beach, FL. You’ll be responsible for leading and managing the Video Editing Team within Post-Production, as well as directly contribute to some of the highest visibility projects produced at Chewy. You must have the experience and prowess to balance a multitude of overlapping and diverse projects, in a fast-paced environment, as the video Post-Production team supports all business units, digital channels, and broadcast needs for Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Holistically manage the Video Editing Team in Florida Headquarters, which is comprised of Video Editors, Colorists, and Assistant Video Editors
- Provide feedback, direction, structure, and coaching to all Video Editors & Colorists to help improve the quality of their work and efficiency in their processes
- Edit high visibility content of the highest quality quickly and independently, including broadcast and performance marketing projects
- Utilize a deep understanding of Video Editing & Color Grading to support in all stages of projects, including directly contributing to projects as the need arises
- Ensure all content produced by the Video Editing Team meets strict standards of quality by directly taking part in quality control and early project review
- Ensure successful and timely execution and delivery of all video content for all business units, digital channels, and broadcast needs - maintain internal processes to facilitate as needed
- Consistently evaluate the Video Editing and Post-Production Data Management workflows to ensure high efficiency
- Oversee the creation and upkeep of departmental documentation as it relates to Video Editing
What You'll Need:
- 5+ Years of Video Editing & Color experience
- 3+ Years of leadership experience
- Deep passion for everything Post - there’s no place you’d rather be than in the thick of it with Editors, Motion Designers, Colorists, and Audio Engineers!
- Nuanced understanding and experience with all roles within the video Post sphere and their intertwining workflow needs - Assistant Edit, Edit, Motion Graphics, Design, Visual Effects, Color, Audio, Coordinating
- Prominent experience with an Adobe-house team - Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop - as intertwined with Davinci Resolve and Pro Tools
- Experience with leading or collaborating with team members across multiple sites
- Fluent in content capture methods, gear, and file types on set, and can consult with ease for Edit, GFX, VFX, Audio, and Color, if needed
- Fluent in Post-Production asset tech-specs from ingest to delivery
- Thrive in an ever-developing, fast-paced environment - happy to be flexible and pivot on a dime!
- Able to think critically about ambiguous problems, and, based on job-specific knowledge and experience, quickly make decisions, openly communicate directives, and facilitate pivots with Post and collaborative Studio teams
- Buckling under pressure is not in your vocabulary, and you can continue to positively coach and guide your team, even when everyone's in the weeds
- Must be a strong people leader, mentor, and be invested in the growth and development of direct and dotted line reports
- Active listener with a strong ability to think critically and guide others
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with teammates and clients alike
- Available to work on weekends and evenings when needed
- Position may require travel
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 17,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too…. which isn't hard to do when you have your favorite four-legged friends by your side!