As the Omaha Business Banking Manager/Vice President, this experienced lender’s primary responsibility is producing Business Banking Commercial Loan results.
Markets Union Bank and Trust Company throughout Omaha and surrounding communities by developing business relationships, conducting ongoing business development leads and cold calling qualified prospects.
Exercises authority concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations with Business Banking team. Serves on the Omaha Junior Loan Committee.
- Primary responsibility is producing Business Banking Commercial Loan results.
- Markets UBT throughout Omaha and surrounding communities by developing business relationships conducting ongoing business development leads and cold calling qualified prospects.
- Proactively identifies and produces cross-selling opportunities in Omaha in all areas, including corporate/commercial trust business, cash management and other bank products and services.
- Assess, structure, negotiate, and administer commercial credits in order to administer and grow a high quality loanportfolio.
- Produces and manages an individual business bankingloanportfolio.
- Reviews and approves or recommends to higher loan authorities sound loans above a loan officer’s authority via loan presentation summaries with attention to loan structure, pricing and analysis relative to risk and value of the borrowing proposed.
- Exercises authority concerning staffing, performance appraisal, promotion, salary recommendations and terminations with direct reports.
- Establishes objectives and goals for individual loan officers to achieve department goals.
- Manages activities of the department to achieve objectives for profitability, growth, asset quality and efficiency.
- Monitor existing loans to ensure complete compliance with loan terms, proper loan ratings, timely past due management and problem loan detection. Assumes full responsibility of the collection of all business bankingloans.
- Represent the bank in community organizations, community involvement and special marketing efforts.
- Prepares and provides to senior management reports on activity of the department.
- Ensure subordinates are trained and comply with bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to their roles. Monitor subordinates’ adherence to internal controls and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training and follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Accurate and detailed
- Effective communicator- written and verbal
- Proven business development skills
- Organized and deadline driven
- Strong decision making skills
- Independent with good judgment
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Highly developed presentation and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum of ten years lending experiencerequired.
- Strong knowledge of loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management and other bank products.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and in working with other bank software.
- Loan approval authority on experience and knowledge (would adjust to the level of applicant).
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Sedentary work, occasional lifting and/or carrying up to twenty pounds.
- Indoor work not exposed to outdoor elements or hazards.
- Some travelrequired.