PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Verifications oversees the efficient and effective insurance verification operations within the assigned function(s); ensuring activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for selecting, developing and evaluating the team(s) to ensure operations within the assigned function(s) are in alignment with company goals and objectives. The Manager, Verifications contributes to the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Oversee the insurance verification processes and work lists activities; ensuring timely and accurate reconciliation of data in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the facilitation of monthly close processes in compliance with company reporting requirements.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements; providing an essential contribution to the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives within the assigned function(s).
- Prepare and distribute reports on a routine or ad hoc basis for management review.
- Ensure the assigned function(s) operate in compliance with company policies and procedures, SOX, and other regulatory requirements.
- Act as a liaison to cross-divisional teams; facilitating open communication and collaboration in the resolution of outstanding issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) by providing direction, guidance and support.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of billing and collections staff.
Bachelor’s Degree or related equivalent work experiencerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experiencepreferred.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in database, spreadsheet, word processing and email applications.
- Advanced proficiency with business warehouse (BW) and financial systems (e.g., Hyperion, SAP Business Warehouse, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), revenue and general accounting cycles.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Experience coaching, training and further developing the knowledge and skills of others preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Job ID 18000A4S