This role will support process improvements, key performance measurements and business intelligence & analytics. The individual will be recognized as a procurement analytics, market, and process expert. This role will collaborate with management as well as upstream and downstream process owners to identify opportunities and deficiencies to process and operational effectiveness. This role will work to influence best practices and provide insightful data analysis to support organizational primary objectives. This role will require a manager who is able to lead and mentor the team as well as their direct reports toward achieving the overall departmental goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Intelligence & Analysis (50%): Lead in the development and tracking of departmental key performance indicators, as well as structure and frame output from analyses for review, presentation and recommendation purposes. Analyze and leverage data elements and tables across multiple systems, to introduce and enable process improvement changes, analytics, reporting and performance metrics. Lead and/or support related efforts such as spend analytics, master data taxonomy and logical linkage to related procurement systems including Procure-to-Pay and contractor/vendor risk management. Investigate business operations to identify improvement opportunities across systems, process, policies and category management support models. Publish and communicate the content from industry and tradereports, journals, business publications, market surveys, etc. to the broader leadership teams.
- Vendor Management Governance (20%): Support the development and maintenance process, tools and templates that establish governance for vendor engagement, performance, compliance and risk mitigation. Help manage outward communication to third-parties to facilitate understanding and awareness of organizational strategic direction, changes and challenges. Help manage the interaction between third party vendors, procurement and internal business partners to provide adequate visibility of interdependent initiatives and projects. Assist and in some cases lead the development of automated procurement tools and processes.
- Relationship & Risk Management (20%) Liaise with procurement partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary. Help maintain third-party vendor contracts and ensure adherence to contractual agreements. Help manage issue notifications, escalations and resolutions with our vendors including monitoring of key performance indicators, quality, and leadership concerns. Coordinate meetings as needed to support program project related activities. Facilitates meetings providing project status to all levels of the organization. Coordinate certain risk & due diligence processes on behalf of the sourcing team by submitting requests, tracking responses, and collecting documentation.
- Performance Management (10%):Collaboratively manage and monitor select vendor performance to ensure delivery and quality of service is in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics.
Core Competencies & Qualifications:
Demonstrated history of leadership, teamwork, and project management skills. Experience in spend data, performance data and market analysis with proven ability to convey knowledge and insights. Experience building operational reports, KPIs and dashboards. Strong understanding of financial statements and impact of operational levers on financial performance. Experience with managing and delivering multiple projects, tasks, and initiatives simultaneously.
Attributes: Strong work ethic and high level of integrity. Demonstrate critical thinking and curiosity to explore beyond the surface to the data received and identify opportunities for review with management. Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement. Excellent problem-solving, and interpersonal skills with the ability to assist in building strong team dynamics and work with complex cross-functional team. Display the ability and the willingness to meet business critical deadlines. Ability to cope with ambiguous situations. Ability to work independently, manage competing demands and prioritize Must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment across various levels in the organization, and to act as a business liaison to communicate ideas, concepts, and insights to drive value and influence sourcing outcomes. Strong communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to present to organizational leaders. Proficient at networking among peers and building and maintaining both internal peer and external supplier relationships.
- Bachelor's degree with emphases in Business, Finance, Engineering, IT/Computer Science or analytical discipline.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Procurement, Vendor Management, Supply Chain function
- 3-5 years’ managerial experience;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access; strong quantitative skills using analytic tools like SQL, Tableau, Oracle/OBIEE (BI) for various reporting.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- 3-5years’ experience in market analyst, financial analyst, sourcing analyst, supply chain operations or related role.