- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing or Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Must have seven years process/quality improvement, value analysis, or related experience in a health care setting.
- Previous management, budgetary and financial analysis experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the education and experience requirements.
- RNs Only: Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Required Tests for Placement:
- RNs Only: Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- RNs Only: Maintains standards of professional conduct and performs all assigned and unassigned duties in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to demonstrate both analytical/statistical and managerial skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Must be able to facilitate work groups and have experience working in a consensus environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of clinical and operational improvement processes.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of academic hospital and clinical staff, including but not limited to laboratory, radiology, nursing, pharmacy, medical staff etc.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, and personal computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software, and other applicable software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.