Due to expansion of our business, we have a need to recruit a corporate Valuation and Advisory Services Manager for the Financial Advisory Services (FAS) group of Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) Finance.
The FAS group is an internal team focused on supporting the business of investing by providing guidance on valuation, structuring, capital management, and financial reporting. The FAS team partners with LMI's investment professionals to navigate through complicated transactions and events during each phase of the transaction process. We offer the opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging projects that will provide exposure to financial analysis, capital management issues, and financial modeling and forecasting relating to alternative assets including private equity, real estate, joint ventures, natural resources, and derivatives.
- Develop valuation models for the internal portfolio's alternative investments including private common stocks, partnership interests, joint ventures, private and complex debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products.
- Manage the relationship with external valuation partners, ensuring critical reporting deadlines and deliverables are met in accordance with service agreements.
- Manage the relationship with internal and external auditors related to the valuation process.
- Provision of advisory services to senior management relating to new investment strategies, acquisition of assets, divestitures and restructurings.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships within LMI's investment teams and Corporate Finance, external valuation partners, and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required.
- 5-7 years' work experience including previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm.
- Achievement of or significant progress towards CFA credential, or CPA with significant valuation experience.
- Significant financial and valuation modelling experience, including creation of new models required.
- Experience identifying valuation issues, performing research, and presenting solutions with in-depth knowledge and experience in dealing with complex financial instruments, partnership interests, joint ventures, and private debt instruments.
- Working knowledge of fair value measurement and impairment testing.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across varying experience levels in a team environment.