The user experience (UX) manager is an individual who has a strong interest and expertise in the design and development process for creating engaging user experiences. They will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, leadership, and an aptitude for collaboration and open communication. This individual thrives in a fast-paced and innovative development environment that requires strong learning and analytical skills to understand the jobs our healthcare customers are trying to perform and how they struggle at performing it. The UX manager will work with the UX team in designing engaging software that optimize the experience of our customer while performing those jobs.
The UX manager will be responsible for driving the successful delivery of user experience design for the Spok Go critical communication and collaboration SaaS platform in mobile and web.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the formation, organizing, and mentoring of an effective user experience team.
- Have a hands-on role in designing innovative mobile and web experiences. The UX manager will have a lead role but will also be a contributing member of the design team, directly producing design assets alongside the UX team.
- Lead and supervise 1-5 direct reports.
- Define and drive Lean UX processes that maximize the realization of quality UX experiences within a fast-paced development environment.
- Work iteratively with customers to gather and document user needs and user experience requirements. Perform user job and task analysis to capture user needs.
- Envision products and engaging designs that help meet customer needs.
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by leveraging a broad set of designer artifacts: sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Develop effective information and navigation hierarchies.
- Design effective and optimal user interactions.
- Quickly and effectively communicate design ideas and rationale to stakeholders. Build confidence around design artifacts by leveraging user research findings and user testing data.
- Develop detailed design specs for platforms such as iOS, Android, and Web.
- Use visual design and interaction tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
- Leverage and extend existing design systems.
- Collaborate in user experience planning and design with product development and product management.
- Support a number of development teams concurrently. Partner and communicate with software engineers. Produce pixel-perfect assets for developers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years in UX/UI design or related field and have a strong background with task analysis and user interface design.
- Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- Strong ability to support a number of development activities concurrently.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.