Macy's Inc., seeks a passionate, team oriented Manager, User Experience Design to join its Customer Experience organization to play a leading role in shaping the user experience design for Macy's retail stores. This position will be responsible for setting strategic design vision for the business unit ,and will manage a team of User Experience designers to realize the Macy's strategic vision. The Manager of UX Design will apply their strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion design solutions that deliver value to Macy's business and customers. Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years of experience designing across digital channels, including at least 2 years in a lead role. Strong candidates should possess a proven track record of leading and developing world design teams in a fast paced collaborative environment, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and leveraging research and data to inform the design of the experience. The Manager, User Experience Design will draw on experience to build relationships and maximize the output of the team. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Leads and manages domain experience design vision that meets long term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI's and user success metrics).
- Partners with product management and technology to define strategy success metrics for assigned domains, including business goals and user needs for assigned domains. Partners with user research management to define user success metrics for assigned domains.
- Evangelizes UX design vision and the importance of UX design across the company, and acts as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touch points.
- Oversees the user experience designs delivered by the UX design team for assigned domain and ensures business goals (as measured by KPI's) and user needs (as measured by user success metrics) are met.
- Leads and manages a team of UX Designers.
- Hires and retains top talent. Responsible for performance management of team members.
- Responsible for staffing resources for projects and ensures project deadlines are met by team members.
- Ensures that the UX design team's skills and staffing assignments are strategically aligned to project needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Leads user experience design, tireless advocate of the customer, responsible for resourcing and project staffing decisions, on teams and developing processes and procedures, influence on project vision and implementation, advisory role for cross-functional teams and groups.
- Bachelors in Design required, preferably in User Experience related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 7 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores, with at least 2 years in a lead role.
- Must have a strong portfolio that clearly articulates how complex problems are solved by your user experience designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents. Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
- Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
- Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .