Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is seeking a Tax Manager to join its Domestic Compliance & Reporting team. This position, reporting to the Senior Manager Federal Tax, will work collaboratively with the other members of the team, as well as PayPal’s broader tax department, to prepare and review the company’s domestic federal and state tax filings as well as assist with the preparation of calculations supporting the domestic income tax provision.
- Prepare and review federal income tax returns, including consolidated federal return, and supporting work papers for the parent company and its subsidiaries
- Prepare and review state income tax returns and supporting work papers
- Review quarterly income tax estimates and extensions
- Work with various groups within the tax department, finance, corporate accounting, and treasury to gather data needed to support compliance calculations
- Research various federal and state income tax matters
- Assist with responding to federal and state tax noticesAssist with federal and state taxaudits
- Support process improvement initiatives to increase overall efficiency of the compliance process
- Prepare supporting calculations for the domestic income tax provision calculation
- Handle various ad-hoc projects as they arise
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA and Masters in Taxation a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience in U.S. income tax compliance matters
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Corptax and SAP a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.