Overview and Summary
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of client services on an account team. This position is heavily focused on client handling, relationship building, project management and presenting project conclusions to mid-level management. The position also holds responsibility for effectively managing and motivating direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for project outcomes, including delivery of projects that are on time, within budgeted hours and at an exceptional level of quality.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate and high quality data being utilized on assigned projects.
- Provides valuable knowledge and insight to senior management in creating estimates and proposals for clients.
- Serves as liaison between client and Urban Science technical staff on development projects to clearly communicate client needs.
- Acquires and maintains a thorough understanding of client data for assigned projects in order to properly create client deliverables.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure that software is properly installed, set up and functioning at established quality levels.
- Manages sustainment activities by updating software as appropriate to function at established quality levels.
- Effectively responds to client inquiries/requests in a timely manner to help improve client satisfaction.
- Establishes long-term business relationships with clients and understands client business needs to better identify client opportunities and supportcontract renewals.
- Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of one or more Urban Science solutions and applies that knowledge to better meet client needs.
- Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
- Leads or participates in presenting project status updates, using appropriate presentation tools, to client representatives or internal management to clearly communicate project results and conclusions.
- Provides input to upper management in connection with assessing competitive conditions in order to detect on time business opportunities and/or deter competitive business threats.
- Actively works with manager to understand and implement solutions to improve NPS (client satisfaction).
- Proactively communicates with upper management to provide updates and report issues in a timely manner.
- Works with manager to develop team oriented goals, which are to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
Responsible for all aspects of RSTMM (recruit, select, train, manage, motivate) of selected staff which includes the following:
- Interviewing & selection
- Setting objectives
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Assigning and prioritizing work
- Employee development, career planning and promotions
Qualifications - Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data Savvy: Requires experience in integrating and leveraging disparate data sources.
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
- Math & Statistics: Requires the ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem; requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analyses
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Technical/Software: Requires the ability to understand and work with proprietary software tools & packages used by Urban Science
- Excellent Business Communication Skills: Verbal and Written
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
- Project Management: Project management skills strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts, define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress and reportschedule variances and scope changes; requires the ability to follow established internal PMO procedures and present project conclusions to management; proficiency with MS Project preferred
- Budget/Finance: Ability to understand and interpret margins, revenues and cost sheets is strongly preferred
- Negotiation: Knowledge and understanding of pricing, scope, cost estimates and internal/external impacts is strongly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degreerequired; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role; Masters or advanced degreepreferred
- Minimum of 6 years related work experiencerequired (8 years experiencepreferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.