The University of Rochester is recruiting a Manager to oversee University-Wide acquisitions, development and on-going support in a distributed environment. Additionally, this person will be expected to provide technical expertise in the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and delivery of system configurations, customizations, and interfaces for the Ellucian Web Application and other systems in support of the Advancement Mission. The position reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications. The Manager will coordinate day-to-day efforts of enterprise-wide systems, with primary emphasis on Advancement.
Manages a team of six professional staff providing application support for the University’s Advancement information system (OASIS) – 30%
- Supervises, recruits, guides, coordinates, and evaluates departmental team members, providing day to day management.
- Manages support request workflow, project portfolio, and service level agreements. Allocates personnel, manages budgeting and billing processes for related responsibilities.
- Works with peers and team members to support cost effective information services and promote a unified systems architecture.
- Promotes information security practices to meet the requirements of secure systems, electronic commerce, and legislative acts.
- Assures quality of service delivery through expectations, oversight, and management controls.
- Assure best practice change and code management is followed, and supporting technical documentation is organized and maintained.
- Contributes to a world-class information technology organization, assisting in continuous process improvement initiatives and refinement of service offerings.
- Manages software contracts, service contracts, and other related delivery mechanisms used in support of objectives herein.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation as required.
Primary IT liaison to the Advancement organization – 25%
- Coordinates University IT services relevant to needs of the Advancement division, serving as liaison to division for integrated information technology service delivery including core administrative applications, communications solutions, and reporting.
- Acts as an agent of information technology innovation for Advancement. Keeps apprised of relevant trends and emerging needs. Seeks to understand opportunities and challenges from colleagues. Maintains currency with peer institution trends. Proposes and implements improvements and capital projects from these concepts.
- Be an active participant in the Enterprise Applications IT Governance Advancement Sub-Team to establish 3-5 year road maps, develop business case documentation which substantiates requests for capital and operational investments and deliver approved projects on time, within budget and with quality.
- Collaborates with the Advancement divisions to evaluate, plan, and deploy the use of technology and related processes
Leads Advancement System projects – 25%
- Develop project plans and resource estimates for review with Advancement.
- Manage the project resources towards achievement of established deliverables.
- Projects may include evaluation of new procedures and software.
- Serve as a technical resource to the project, as needed.
- Work with users to understand and document business requirements. Assist in the translation of the business requirements into configurable software rules.
Serve as a technical resource – 20%
- Design, develop, test and implement interface programs, application configurations, enhancements, and customizations.
- Configure, test, and implement business, security and data validation rules.
- Support web interface design, development, and configuration.
- Participate in ongoing stabilization, support, and maintenance.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and systems.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in management, data processing or a related field; plus 3-5 years experience, 3 of which are in administrative data processing, including operation analysis, programming, data auditing and staff training, preferably in a University or business environment and 2 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Diverse knowledge of emerging technology and functional trends relevant to fundraising / advancement operations strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, techniques of providing computing services in a higher education environment preferred
- Demonstrated expert in information technology development and innovation, project management, contract management, executive communication, risk management, and quality assurance
- Proficiency in MS SSRS required.
- Proficiency in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL required.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix shell scripting required.
- Experience in higher education field preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance application preferred.
- Experience with web services and integrations preferred.
- Experience with Dell Boomi or similar web integration tools preferred.