LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
At LinkedIn, we’re looking to hire Manager Unified Communications reporting to the Leader of the Network & Unified Communications organization. This position will play an integral part in the company’s transformation initiatives including but not limited to managing the Video, Collaboration, and Telecom Teams. The position shall provide leadership and management of Information Services Delivery, which includes the service definition, service roadmaps, architecture, engineering, level 3, and level 2 support, controls, operational metrics and reporting, license and capacity management, and budget management.
- Manager is responsible for information service management and control, including supervision of employees and contractors at multiple sites; technology reviews and recommendations; vendor services management for area of responsibility as appropriate; budget preparation and management; recommendations for technology; and the development of guidelines, standards and procedures.
- The Manager is charged with vision, strategy, planning and implementation of technologies, tactical actions, budget and operational decision-making for the Unified Communications Engineering and Operations team.
- The Manager is primarilyresponsible for engaging with strategic clients to assist with vision,architecture, design, build and deployment of solutions. This role requires collaboration with various departments including IT leadership, business leaders, development teams, vendors, third party service providers, support teams, andinternal IT service delivery teams to gather requirements, design and delivery solutions that meet functional and nonfunctional requirements while managing to cost, quality, controls andfinancialconstraints.
- Mentor, coach, develop and grow top engineering talent, with a focus on craftsmanship.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Leads complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Drives systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Ensure documentation exists on new or existing systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Ensures validation of system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects asrequired.
- B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on a Unified Communications Enterprise Platform (Video and Voice) involving architecture, integration, design, engineering, installation, support/operations, change management and continuous development.
- 4+yearsexperiencein managing and leading teams.
- MA/MS/PhD in a Technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with IT architecture development, managing, and providing leadership of greater than 10 directs (individual contributors and managers)
- Experience running a service consisting of Unified Communications technologies including Cisco and Microsoft audio and video conferencing technologies.
- Experience working with Cisco and Microsoft call control, gateways, network, security, voice contact center technologies.
- Experience working with large enterprise IP networks, networking equipment, video and voice conferencing infrastructure/hardware,Data Centers, Virtualization/Compute, Servers and Collaboration Applications.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies and able to lead projects requiring custom integration with API to produce end user applications (scheduling, provisioning, reporting, alerting)
- Experience with building and operating technologies serving customer global call center use-cases and sale channel integrations (inbound and outbound voice, CTI, Call Recording, Voicemail, Compliance)
- Experience in technical documentation, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Experience interacting and influencing all levels of employees in bridging the gap between technology and business.
- Experience designing and deploying a simplified and secure end-user collaboration experience.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service experience (white-glove) in a variety of circumstances across all organizational levels.
- Experienceapplying knowledge of Service Management (i.e.: Incident Management, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis, Metrics)
- Experience leading a team of engineers and technicians in a high volume, fast paced environment. Expertise in root cause analysis.
- Experience collaborating with multiple cross-functional engineering groups and adopt agile framework (i.e.: Sprints, Scrum etc.)
- Experience building and running in production (24x7 environments) distributed unified communication applications and technologies.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
- Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills.
- Experience with 24/7 operations of infrastructure systems and real time communications platform.
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex multi-team projects.
- Experience with hardware product lifecycle management and maintenance agreements.