Under the general direction of the Director of IT Infrastructure, the Manager of Unified Communications position will play an integral part in the company’s transformation initiatives including but not limited to managing the Networking, Cloud, Collaboration, and Telecom Teams. The position shall provide leadership and management of Information Services Delivery, which includes the service definition, service roadmaps, architecture, engineering, level 2, and level 3 support, controls, operational metrics and reporting, license and capacity management, and budget management.
People Management: Manage team and resource workloads including projects Prioritizes assignments to ensure alignment with company goals and initiatives in a dynamic environment Manage any managed services or outsourced relationships for cloud, network, and telecom vendors Responsible for hiring, developing, mentoring and promoting engineering resources
Technology: Provide expertise on design best practices, architecture on data and telecom networks Manage capacity for in-scope environments Analyzes existing infrastructure and leads team in identifying potential enhancements to sustain and improve optimization and performance
Policies & Processes: Ensures conformance to company policies (including but not limited to Change Management, Purchasing, Security, and IT Service Management) Manage, maintain and enforce service levels Identifies process improvements to streamline and reduce service delivery of responsibilities
Budget Management: Manage budget (includes rent, lease, purchase, license, or other acquisition of hardware, software, services)
Compliance & Security: Ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements (including but not limited to PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree
· 5-7 Years of comprehensive and deep experience in IT Networking & Telecom managing large, complex enterprise environments
• 5+ years in technical operations, architecture, or equivalent progressive roles
• 3+ years in supervisory or management capacity
• 5+ years’ experience in leading projects
• Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support, best practices, and technologies
• Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCDA, CCIE, ITIL Foundations or equivalent data / telecom network operational experience required
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Cisco infrastructure, Checkpoint, Citrix infrastructure, Brocade, Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, VMware, Citrix, EMC Enterprise-level SANs, VoIP/SIP telecom, Genesys telecom platform, and multi-carrier WANs.
• Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross-functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
• A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.