Works with brokers, carriers and Administrators to effectively market prospects and/or renewals for Self-Funded insurance.
- Represents Company services in a positive and professional manner to ensure continued sales and Company growth by developing positive business relationships with agents/brokers and Administrators.
- Develop a good understanding of Carrier contracts and nuances.
- Manages assigned Staff and workload.
- Develops increasing knowledge of insurance industry markets, products, and legal environments to provide a value-added service to agents/brokers.
- Works in tandem with Consultants to effectively assist agents/brokers or Administrators in placing their business with BenefitMall by:
- Accurately and effectively prepare broker or Administrator requests for proposals.
- Communicate timely with broker or administrator for any additional information required to complete RFP.
- Advise broker or Administrator on appropriateness of contract type and specific deductible levels.
- Work with carriers on prospects and/or renewal business to ensure the quotes are competitive in the market.
- Negotiate rates, lasers, etc with carrier underwriters to provide our broker/administrator partners with best options for their client.
- Underwrite the prospect/renewal (Aggregate calculations, Plan change credit estimations, Specific Reinsurance and Actuarial estimates, Laser and/or Large Claim estimates).
- Accurately and timely preparation of RFP spreadsheet for proposal presentations of all marketed cases/renewals.
- Accurate and timely preparation of renewals on existing book of business to achieve maximize retention.
- Determines when problems or issues need to be escalated to consultants or management.
- Occasionally meet on-site/off-site with Brokers or Administrators in coordination with assigned Consultant.
- Actively participates in team meetings, providing input to contribute to the team’s overall success in achieving company sales goals.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 10 or more years of professional experience required.
- Management/Supervisor experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Self Funding, underwriting guidelines, and medical conditions/terminology.
- TPA experience a plus
- Understanding of insurance products preferably attained through working in an insurance marketing or selling program.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook Exchange; proficient in Internet Explorer & Salesforce.
- Communicate with all levels of internal and external personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret carrier requirements, underwriting procedures and policies.
- Strong knowledge and skills in negotiating with carriers, brokers and Administrators.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Provide positive customer service.
- Analyze and resolve problems to assist agents/brokers in presenting the best solution to prospective clients.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated to a higher level.
- Work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Experience with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as web browsers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others on projects.