Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Manager, UI/UX Development is responsible to lead the team of technical designers/artists to develop User Interfaces and User Experiences for Infotainment and connected vehicle systems. This is a critical role that requires both team management, leadership and technical expertise in vehicle UI/UX.
- Lead, mentor, and manage the UI/UX development team.
- Drive the roadmap for new and existing UI/UX content.
- Support R&D advanced concepts.
- Rapid prototyping and creation of user interfaces for luxury hybrid and electric vehicles using a variety of industry-standard 2D/3D tools and graphics engines.
- Review and analyze design concepts to plan the most efficient implementation possible while identifying potential problems early; Collaborate with artists and software developers to strike a balance between style, functionality, and performance.
- Test, debug, and optimize UI/UX software, monitor performance.
- Own technical solutions through artistic design, development, testing, peer review, and documentation.
- Maintain high standards of software quality by following industry best practices.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Review and improve on existing systems and processes, making use of new technologies and methodologies.
- Work with UI and UX teams to create the Karma unique vision for our infotainment systems.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document, and maintain software deliverables for various projects.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with technical, testing, and hardware team members across the technology organization.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Visual Design or equivalent, Master’s Degree is preferred
- Background in Automotive UI, Game Development or Web Design.
- Experience with Kanzi Studio or similar 3D tools (Unity3D, UDK, etc.)
- Experience with 3D optimization techniques.
- Modeling/UV experience with a 3D package such as Maya, 3DS Max, Softimage, Blender, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- At least 10 years’ in an UI or UX development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.