Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
This position is responsible for driving the research, gathering and development of trims for performance and technical apparel. This role will collaborate with the design team to research, develop, and source trims that are appropriate for price, end use, physical properties, and aesthetic to the brand. All while staying abreast of trim trends and technological developments as they relate to performance and technical apparel.
• Source and develop trims in multiple countries as required by the sourcing strategy
• Work to ensure consistent quality, design integrity, target price and functionality
• Work seasonally with Design to develop specific trims based on concepts
• Monitor a seasonal Trim Developments; this will include updating development status, price, lead-times, minimums, specifications, and communicating to Design/Production and GIS teams
• Negotiate trim costing to meet cost targets
• Communicate Gap Inc. performance specifications and testing requirements to suppliers during the development process to ensure that they are targeting the required test results during the process
• Review trims prior to approval to ensure that they meet design and functional requirements as well as Gap Inc. specifications and quality standards
• Define, drive and execute a seasonal trim strategy; SWOT analysis bi-annually
• Develop trim T&A that meets seasonal pipeline deliverables
• Develop and maintain a trim sourcing library
• Strong understanding of Sustainable practices and opportunities in trims
• Anticipate problems, offer solutions, develop strategies and address issues within the product process
• College degree in apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience
• 5+ years experience in materials, product development or related field or a combination of equivalent education and related experience
• Proficient in industry performance testing standards and protocols
• Lab testing experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of garment and material manufacturing processes
• Attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self motivation and ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to effectively manage competing projects/problems under work and time pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.