The Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of transportation operations for Nautica’s Wholesale, Retail, E-com, and Dray operations. This position takes a strategic partnership approach with Carriers, the Distribution Center leadership team, Store operations, Allocations, Merchandising, and vendors.
- Oversight of wholesale order management process, from order processing to final delivery to the customer
- Oversight of E-com delivery network, including carrier performance, rate analysis, and carrier management
- Manage store delivery operations to ensure the timely delivery of goods from the distribution centers to stores
- Establish and maintain relationships with key providers to include carriers, freight bill auditing firm, carton tracking company, and other providers
- Manage carrier base to ensure service level targets and KPI’s are being met
- Develop corrective action plans to address performance issues
- Development, maintenance, and analysis of daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Review daily carrier shipping reports to ensure routing and transit time compliance
- Recommend and develop implementation and go forward plans related to gathered information and reporting
- Assist with the sourcing of new carriers and pool delivery providers
- Assist with execution of RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Perform and utilize rate, financial, and cost analysis to drive sound network decisions
- Monitor and manage Nautica Retail Tracking System and carrier use, including break bulk centers, cross-docks, 3PL’s, and pool distribution terminals
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of daily activities
- Take ownership and proactively initiate network improvements
- Seek ways to better monitor delivery performance/visibility
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years' experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills to include pivot tables, Vlookups, macros, If/Then statements, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Retail Tracking Systems
- Knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Experience with a Retail Management System (RMS) and/or a Warehouse Management System (WMS) a plus.
- Strong analytical and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- A team player that has the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact effectively with all levels
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes outstanding bonus potential, a casual work environment, a generous merchandise discount and realistic growth potential. Aéropostale, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F.