Our Rail & Transit Engineering Division in Toronto or Kingston is looking for the right person to join our team to perform operational planning work for our major project deliveries. Reporting the Director of Strategic services, you will lead our team of transportation planners and assist with expanding the team and developing our market offering
This is a new position as we expand our team and form a new business structure to grow our capabilities in delivering our current work but also expand our transportation master planning work in Canada. Thus there is flexibility to shape the position description, roles and responsibilities based on your past experience and future goals. The position can be based in Toronto or Kingston.
Responsibilities could include:
• Operational planning work during bid and delivery stages of major projects. Scope can vary but can include developing a full Concept of Operations for the system
• Vehicle and crew rostering design and optimisation
• Optimisation design inputs for yard and depot designs and operations
• Service optimisation planning
• Exploration and implementation of new technologies and processes to optimise operations.
• Coordinate with our team to incorporate new processes to improve our planning and design work - such as new operational simulation capabilities, GIS platforms, 3D visualization and augmented reality
• Work with our data analytics team in developing our analytic and planning capabilities to support our Operations delivery teams
The position is support by our simulation team, but prior experience with operational simulation tools or operational planning tools would be ideal.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in transportation planning or equivalent field
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) License registered in Ontario is required
• Minimum of an Engineering or Science bachelor degree
• Comfortable with technology and the ability to implement new systems and tools to optimise workflow and improve processes
• Commitment to working in a team environment
• Strong written and spoken communication skills as well as the ability to develop and deliver presentations on technical subject matter to non-technical and technical audiences
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction
• Travel will be required – mostly within North America.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.