The Transportation Manager establishes and maintains the smooth operation of the Transportation department at a distribution center and helps provide 24-hr coverage. Provides general supervision of all transportation drivers and administrative staff. Primary responsibility is to make sure that all Teammates are on the job at the start of the shift or at the scheduled dispatch time. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities, and must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently.
· Outbound transportation experience at a distribution center; experience using PeopleNet; prior positions that offered increasing responsibility levels.
· Assist with providing 24-hour coverage.
· Maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support to the warehouse.
· Plan, direct, and coordinate all delivery and backhaul activities.
· Drive key performance indicators for cost savings.
· Efficiently utilize manpower via proper scheduling and training to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
· Have 5+ years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation, preferably in the food service industry.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
· 4+ years of accounting, planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience; ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.
· Experience managing a driving staff of 120-150; experience with hiring, training, and motivating teammates and resolving employee relations issues.
· Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access).
PREFERRED qualifications for this position include: Outbound transportation experience at a distribution center; experience using Trimble/PeopleNet or similar transportation management systems (TMS); prior positions that offered increasing responsibility levels.
Valid through: 12/16/2021
$80K — $120K *
16 days ago