ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
The Transmission Field Manager for the Transmission Project Delivery will be responsible for a construction team that will manage all of the Transmission civil construction that is performed by contractors, including Transmission Telecom civil work. The Manager will work closely with Edison Carrier Solutions providing support with job planning, bidder conferences, bid evaluations, job awarding, and construction oversight. This position is in the Construction Management group within Transmission, Substation, and Operations Unit (TS&O).
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with other managers to develop the strategy to identify optimal utilization of SCE and contractor resources to accomplish the overall business plan for Transmission and TS&O
- Managing the construction of Transmission Civil projects with teams of project managers and inspectors, monitoring the quality assurance and quality control of projects, and managing several multi-million dollar projects
- Developing independent oversight plans for projects, reviewing and approving construction inspectors for qualifications, reviewing daily logs and monthly progress reports, developing the commissioning plan for turn over, and acceptance of new Transmission civil structures by Transmission Asset Management
- Interfacing with appropriate Edison business units, including TS&O Transmission Engineering, Transmission Asset Management, Field Accounting Organization (FAO), Telecommunication Control Center, Corporate Real Estate, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Health & Safety, Public Affairs, Edison Carrier Solutions, and Project Management Organization
- Ensuring the application of standardized business processes, productivity and accounting principles to insure tractability of contractor Purchase Orders, Field Change Orders and invoice payment to meet audit requirements
- Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices
- Five or more years combined experience performing or supervising function.
- Five or more years’ experience with Transmission Telecom and Civil operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or technical discipline.
- Three years’ supervisory/managerial experience in Transmission, Substation or Distribution Departments.
- Demonstrated experience managing/overseeing major power delivery construction projects, including Transmission Telecom, underground civil construction, and an understanding of Edison Carrier Solutions work processes and methods.
- Experience working with rules, regulations and regulatory requirements governing transmission line construction, maintenance and operations, such as G.O. 95, 128, 165C, 131D, Rule 20B & Rule 20C.
- Experience utilizing SAP, Procurement responsibilities, and Purchase requisition and Purchase Order requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing independent oversight plans for projects, managing capital projects and monitoring project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience defining scope and objective for groups, managing group performance, and improving processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing employee performance and development by conducting performance planning and reviews, coaching employees, and carrying out disciplinary action when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via-email and are encouraged to immediately begin preparing for any tests required in this job posting - Link to Study Guides
- Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessments may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position will require 50% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
Job ID: 71023550