Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors. Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry. Quality -
We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement. Accountability -
Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect. Our People -
We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding. Our Clients -
We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication. Innovation -
Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world. Meaningful Impact -
We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Responsibilities This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home .
This position will begin remote and then transition to hybrid once the office is open. This position will offer you the opportunity to manage the execution of multiple transmission and distribution projects. The position will involve coordinating with multiple internal and external departments to manage the life cycle of project execution.
- Responsible for project execution, contract administration, planning and resource management.
- Take ownership for all aspects of project performance including safety, schedule, budget, reporting and client experience through entire project lifecycle.
- Manage and direct the project team to ensure accountability. Mentor and coach team members.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with client functional leads and stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed safely, satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Support the reporting of key performance indicators for schedule, budget and other dashboard items.
- Identify and control construction risk.
- Recognize, identify, track and control change.
- Communicate and consult with appropriate stakeholders and supervisors.
- Prepare reports that project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Analyze issues and provide solutions to improve results.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package. Qualifications We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- BS degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program or a management/business degree.
- 10+ years of specific experience in Project Management of Utility Transmission projects.
- Proven experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- 10 or more years of experience in the electric utility industry (engineering, construction, planning, etc.)
- Experience with serving as a firm/client liaison in a support or lead role.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities is critical to success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Engineering design experience is a plus.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.