The Manager, Tax Compliance Services (“Manager”) leads a team of Consultants to deliver compliance and consulting services for various clients. The Manager maintains existing client relationships and focuses on the overall management of the Tax Compliance Service practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures team compliance with company policies, practice guidelines, and standards.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of the monthly sales tax compliance cycle.
- Develops client workplans and schedules for associated project deliverables.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Reviews and reconciles client data and identifies tax issues.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from taxing agencies.
- Serves as principle contact for client activity.
- Manages practice group needs (equipment, supplies, software, training, etc.).
- Manages personnel (assignments, position requests, etc.).
- Maintains the sales tax calendar.
- Manages the preparation, review, and processing of tax returns, notices, and bank reconciliations.
- Manages and assists in the preparation of tax returns.
- Manages all aspects of the compliance process and reports status and results to the client.
- Approves tax payments for processing.
- Assists with client billing and collections, financialforecasting, and bonus allocations to appropriate group members.
- Communicates new issues, legislative changes, training opportunities, and client needs and strategies.
- Pursues and maintains professional designations (e.g., CMI, MAI, ASA).
- Develops new clients, maintains existing clients, and broadens practice scope.
- Participates actively in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting and/or Finance required, and four to six years tax compliance or tax related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Directly supervises employees in the tax compliance practice, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firm’s policies and applicable laws. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 lbs. +
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Position requires regular interaction with clients and interface with external vendors in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.