As a member of the Training team, the Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of Iora's innovative and engaging care team training programs. The Manager will lead the design, development and delivery of major training initiatives that will enable our care teams to operate practices effectively, consistently and safely. This individual will focus on both, the onboarding of new hires as well as growth and development of seasoned team members. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to play a key role in a high-growth, innovative healthcare company.
The position will be based in Boston, Massachusetts and will report to the Director of Training. Some travel to our practices is required, typically less than 25%. During our busiest Launch Training season (September - November), heavier travel may be required (1-2 weeks at a time).
Specific Responsibilities and Expectations
The position requires an individual excited to apply energy across a diverse set of projects and initiatives, including a combination of the following:
Training Program Management
- Program manage and continuously improve existing training initiatives
- Design and develop new training experiences for large training events and individual training modules using a variety of learning methods
- Create and manage training content and relevant materials that drive a highly experiential and applied learning experience
- Partner and consult with key stakeholders to identify training needs, design training experiences, and support training development
Training Delivery & Evaluation
- Lead and facilitate live training delivery
- Create and manage training evaluation to measure the impact of training initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement
Implementation and Internal Process Improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, market leadership, and care teams to support the implementation of large scale change management initiatives
- Manage and improve training tracking systems and tools
- Build and integrate Training best practices, systems, and tools
- Manage and support additional Service Development and Training initiatives as needed.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent program manager with the ability to define and manage project scope, goals, deliverables, and timelines (experience with Scrum, Agile, or Lean is a plus)
- Knowledgeable of effective learning and development methods and best practices
- A collaborative partner with internal and external stakeholders
- A great communicator and facilitator, with the ability to engage different audiences
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity, rapid change; an experimenter by nature
- Passionate about developing high performing teams and delivering great service to our patients
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; aptitude and interest in people management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with demonstrated academic excellence and achievement
- 5+ years of professional experience with a focus on training, learning and development, or process improvement
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and care delivery
- Familiarity with process and quality improvement methodologies a plus
- Team player who is driven by our mission to restore humanity to healthcare