Under the director of the Director, FIU Services, the Manager coordinates and leads all training & communication in the Global Regional FIUs, supports senior management in GFIU international operations, and assists in project management and/or implementation for new initiatives which promote a positive culture of AML/ATF and sanctions risk management and compliance across the organization unit ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Contribute to the development of the annual FIU training plan and coordinate training to meet operation unit’s needs in the regional FIUs.
• Work with the subject matter experts (internal, external, industry) the businesses, and/or Global Learning and Development to acquire or develop and maintain standardized and specialized AML/ATF Sanctions training content.
• Liaise with partners (Business Line AML Officers, AML Business Solutions, IT&S, FIU Heads etc.) to arrange any supplemental or other (non-standardized) training including ad-hoc training required
• Manage completion of training sessions to ensure required training is delivered. Develop a process to escalate non-completion of required training.
• Design, Manage and Execute GFIU wide events as necessary in the regional FIUs
• Support the Global Operations and Transformation AML Team with Training & Communications requests
• Directing and coordinating regular status meetings with the Global Learning team to organize and facilitate working sessions;
• Provide timely reporting on training activities to management, including progress reports completed by the Global Learning and Development team.
• Support the senior leadership team with ad-hoc requests pertaining to the GFIU or Global AML/ATF Enterprise Unit
• Coordinate, develop and publish communications when policies, procedures and/or applications are introduced and/or changed.
• Design and Manage the ScotiaLive Resource Site (ScotiaLive) for the regional FIUs
• Assist and track the development of new projects/systems for GFIU Operations and manage the implementation of the projects.
• Assess and identify communication needs, recommends/develops communications strategies and tactics for FIU, and ensures effective communications are executed and reinforce “tone at the top” messaging.
• Proactively address issues for emerging gaps – engage/lead cross functional teams to address systemic or persistent issues in day to day operations and define the operational needs parameters and support requirements for steady state processes
• Develop/aid in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches geared toward employees.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
• Receives direction from the Director GFIU Services, VP Global AML/ATF, FIU Head located in country outside of Canada and other senior management as appropriate on regulatory/reputational risk and policy matters
• Strong editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential
• Strong organizational, project management and planning skills
• Thorough knowledge of the Bank's interactive systems including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
• Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
• Self-reliant and pro-active approach to work
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to demonstrate highly developed facilitation and presentation skills
• Consistently demonstrating self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship management, and Scotiabank’s Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Passion and Accountability
Bachelor's degree in Education, Communications, Business Management or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in training and/or communications
Requisition ID: 21738