Be involved in projects with our Transit and Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Manager - Traction Power for our Boston, MA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize existing client relationships within the transit & rail systems market to develop strategies for positioning WSP for transit & rail systems-related opportunities.
- Assure that engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives.
- Recruiting and hiring staff to meet project needs.
- Interact with in-house design engineers as well as engineers from other companies to develop proposals.
- Interact with design engineers to manage the scope, schedule and budget of projects.
- Interact with transit agency to verify needs are being met during design and construction phases of projects.
- Develop and submit proposal scope and fee estimates for engineering design solutions to meet the transit agency needs.
- Work with marketing teams to develop technical proposals and presentations to clients.
- Excellent communication skills (presenting and writing).
- Organized, self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Minimum 15 years of railroad and/or transit industry systems engineering experience
- Experience with engineering design on at least ten transit or commuter/intercity rail projects
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients and team members
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Professional Engineer License
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to • WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Traction power design experience with MBTA substation system.
About WSP USA