Job Scope: Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 Company, is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, infrastructure solutions and more. We seek an experienced Manager with proven analytical, project /change management, benefits management and compliance skills for the Corporate Compensation, Benefits and HR Information Systems (HRIS) group reporting to Director, Health and Group Benefits.
Major Responsibilities: The following may not be performed at the same time, but over time the project manager is expected to be exposed to a variety of areas
- Partner with Benefits team and consultants on producing communication (benefit summaries, Summary Plan Descriptions, annual and ongoing employee communications, process training guides, WorkPlace posts and intranet updates, etc.).
- Manage RFI/RFP's.
- Work with consultants to analyze medical claims data from data warehouse to determine areas for improvement and attention.
- Administer well being programs (Emotional, physical, financial).
- Partner with Corporate HR team and Business HR on due diligence and acquisition integration work in the role of Project Manager; coordinate HR pulse calls, solicit input for HR slide on Business Development calls, assist in assessment of synergies and other related integration tasks.
- Navigate due diligence data room sites to retrieve documents. Manage retrieval and retention of documents for acquisitions. Track open and closed HR due diligence data requests and responses on daily basis.
- Manage retirement vendor relationships including outsourced benefits administration partners, external benefit plan auditors, etc. Manage ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual retirement activities and assist with retirement projects such as annuity purchase, plan mergers, and bulk lump sum offering.
- Monitor and comply with legislative trends to ensure compliance for plan administration.
- Will participate in other team projects, including international insured benefits, as time/capacity permits.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree required, PMP preferred
- 7+ years Communication, Project Management and Benefit Administration experience
Job Related Competencies and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with various organizational levels. Collaborates within group, amongst businesses / regions/ functions, and with outside consultants
- Experience working with outsourced Payroll, HRIS, benefits administrators and other business partners
- Strong Project Management with a hands-on approach spanning benefits and preferably compensation areas
- Due diligence, acquisition integration and union environment experience preferred
- Capable of making recommendations on how to effectively resolve problems or issues, using sound judgment that considers applicable standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or governmental laws balanced with pragmatism.
- Drives process efficiencies; identifies process improvement opportunities and risks, and effectively documents processes and related control checks.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in dynamic environment
- Team player and self-starter with ability to consistently execute on challenging objectives and stretch goals.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills a plus.
Why Stanley Black & Decker (SBD)?
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
• Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - SBD is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
• At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
US - Corporate
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.