Formerly Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ: AOBC) represents a broad and growing array of brands and companies providing quality products for shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiasts in the global consumer and professional markets.
To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees' capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Total Rewards with a proven background in benefits and compensation management.
Ideal candidate to be located within a commutable distance to our Corporate Headquarters in Springfield, MA.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years benefit administration, compensation analysis/management, project management experience required
- 3+ years people management required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with various organizational levels.
- Proven record of collaborating within group, amongst businesses / regions/ functions, and with outside consultants
- Experience working with benefits administrators, Payroll, HRIS, and other business partners
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong Project Management with a hands-on approach spanning benefits and compensation areas
- Understanding of public company equity programs required
- Fully proficient in compensation planning, managing annual salary and cash incentive programs, and equity programs
- Due diligence, acquisition integration, and union environment experience preferred
- Capable of making recommendations on how to effectively resolve problems or issues, utilizes sound judgment that considers applicable standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or governmental laws balanced with pragmatism
- Drives process efficiencies; identifies process improvement opportunities and risks, and effectively documents processes and related control checks
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in dynamic environment
- Team player and self-starter with ability to consistently execute on challenging objectives and stretch goals
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Benefits Team and consultants on benefit platforms, annual renewal process and day-to-day administration
- Collaborate with consultants to analyze medical claims data from data warehouse to determine areas for improvement and attention
- Administer well-being programs
- Track open and closed HR due diligence data requests and responses on daily basis
- Manage retirement vendor relationships including outsourced benefits administration partners, external benefit plan auditors, etc.
- Manage ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual retirement activities
- Monitor and comply with legislative trends to ensure compliance for plan administration
- Collaborate and advise the Leadership Team, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition functions regarding compensation-related solutions, and evaluate new positions, job offer packages, promotions and transfers
- Develop, implement, and administer compensation and total rewards policies and programs
- Support Executive and Board of Director compensation and governance
- Manage and administer the equity programs (e.g. options, RSUs and PSUs) and the employee stock purchase plan
- Manage trading windows in conformance with the Company's Insider Trading Policy
- Ensure Company compliance with regulations governing compensation, total rewards and HR programs
- Maintain total rewards data within of our HCM/HRIS to include the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for HR department planning and activities
- Partner with corporate HR Team in the role of Project Manager on due diligence and acquisition integration work
- Manage retrieval and retention of documents for acquisitions
- Partner with regional HR teams to implement programs and deliver a best in class compensation program
- Work with our Payroll and Finance teams to ensure a seamless exchange of information with respect to compensation and total rewards