Overview and Responsibilities
The Total Rewards Finance Senior Manager will be an important member of the ViacomCBS Total Rewards Finance & Reporting team, which is part of the larger Global Total Rewards function within Human Resources. Core responsibility will focus on the accounting and reporting for the company’s retirement plans and the preparation and reporting of various Total Rewards budgeting activities for company-wide benefit programs. This position will interact with many different groups within the organization and outside vendors including but not limited to the controller’s team, treasury, legal, actuaries and auditors.
This position reports to the VP, Total Rewards Finance and is a critical function in ensuring the completeness of reporting retirement plan disclosures and individual plan financial statements in public filings. Strong technical skills for pension accounting is preferred.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual 10-K/Q retirement plan (pension and 401(k)) disclosures. Liaise with the companies’ actuary in understanding and assist in setting the annual pension plan assumptions used for valuation.
- Preparation and/or audit assistance for annual retirement plan financial documents for all pension and 401(k) plans with annual regulatory requirements in the US and outside the US. Liaise with plan auditors from start to finish.
- Coordinate with accounting and legal key contacts across all business divisions to compile multi-employer pension and H&W plan annual 10-K disclosures.
- Prepare pension account quarterly entries and roll-forwards including variance analysis for management reporting.
- Control owner of all retirement plan SOX controls, liaise with SOX team personnel on annual updates and scoping, and review of all Total Rewards function annual SSAE16 report reviews.
- Preparation of annual and quarterly forecast budget processes for retirement plans, Health & Welfare, and LTD plans and division reporting.
- Preparation of the Global Total Rewards department budget with ongoing actual to forecast analysis working closely with Total Rewards department leads in compensation, benefits, retirement, and executive compensation.
- Assist with PPA/ERISA annual funding projections and quarterly payments, and liaise with actuary and Treasury as needed to align with regulatory requirements.
- Ad hoc projects as required including integration of retirement plan accounting and reporting processes due to ViacomCBS merger activities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting and/or finance reporting role
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent training required (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with an ability to understand accounting rules and execute on accounting guidance affecting accounting and reporting requirements.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong teammate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You might also have -