The Manager of QA and Testing will build and lead a team that supports quality assurance and deployment testing for all production systems within the Sales Services and Information (SSI) team under the Commercial “The Biz” organization.
In this role, the Manager will be responsible for establishing, updating and overseeing teams overall Quality Assurance Program to ensure that production systems deliver pristine reporting results to our business partners. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing testing standards used across all the department's systems to ensure that all functionality deployed into production meets or exceeds key quality performance indicators
S/he will be expected to drive continuous improvement and strategic initiatives on behalf of the organization to reduce technical debt, lower cost and increase process efficiencies.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
QA & DEVELOPMENT TESTING
- Develop, document, implement and manage a set of testing standards and key quality performance indicators that govern the software development processes utilize.
- Partner with clients (user acceptance), analyst, development, performance and release management teams to ensure standards and testing KPIs are met across each gate.
- Manage the test data request processes for both QAT and Production environments for all systems within the department's teams.
- Create and review test cases utilized by the Scrum teams during prior to and during functional sprint execution.
- Provide both scheduled and ad hoc reporting on testing progress.
- Assist in the creation of test strategies to support multiple scrum team
- Accountable for the overall quality of delivered results to the business and manage the Quality Assurance and Testing (QAT) platform to deliver repeatable and predictable outcomes.
- Implement and validate all application release changes and proactively monitor for potential production issues.
- Proficient at prioritizing and resolving day-to-day prioritization issues ensuring effective and timely resolution.
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain and identify trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
Build a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; recruit, select, and develop talent.STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a lead test role working on Agile/Scrum teams deploying software in an iterative cadence.
- 3+ years of experience representing teams as the technical liaison for various testing or release management activities within an Agile environment.
- Skilled using Rally, Jira and or similar agile project management tools.
- Extensive experience of test strategy, plan and test case development and on time execution.
- Quick to adapt to project requirements, traceability, and test/verification case needs.
- Capable of high level design understanding to provide release resource and risk recommendation.
- Proven track record of on-going quality assurance of data within a large, complex organization.
- Ability to build a team that focuses on best practices, testing standards, and quality assurance.
- Understands the approaches and challenges of a continuous delivery roll-out.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Must have working knowledge with Microsoft technologies (MS SQL, MS SSIS, Excel).
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing quality assurance and/or testing teams.
- Experience in Customer Care, Retail or Digital business models is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across the organization to achieve common goals.
- Able to effectively manage multiple programs with complex inter-dependencies while remaining quality-focused. Raises the bar.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An inspirational leader and skilled team builder.
- Agility; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.