Test Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of testing procedures and strategies for standard and modified products. Acts as advisor to test engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations and acts a as a liaison to other engineering functions. Also acts as an advisor to VP Engineering on Test Engineering issues, performance, estimates, et al. Test Engineering Manager ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills. Communicate honestly and provide solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, able to characterize and react quickly to issues and problems, both technical and personnel related.
- Must be a self-starter, able to execute decisively and rapidly, while maintaining flexibility as the business continually evolves.
- Work under minimal guidance/direction.
- Manage complex test engineering activities throughout assigned life cycle for multiple applications.
- Establish metrics, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that products, applications, and systems are compliant with established quality standards and meet requirements.
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Provide leadership to test engineering staff regarding project prioritization, process validations, and continuous improvement activities.
- Monitor and evaluate project and department progress and results.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Occasional travel may be required
- BS in Engineering from university or college; advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years manufacturing/test development experience, with minimum 5 years of electronics test staff management experience.
- Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC).
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques, value stream mapping, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.