Job ID 562691BR.
The Manager of Technology within the Technology Engineering team leads and manages a team of high performing Architects, Leads and Developers that provide innovative, efficient and engineered solutions to solve problems pertaining to application refactoring, technology uplift, system stability and cloud migrations.
- Effectively liaison between Solution/Architecture Engineering, Development and Operations teams to implement large and complex engineering solutions
- Provide Technical & Managerial Leadership and day to day guidance to a matrixed team of developers, business analysts, quality engineers, etc. through scrum meetings and agile development tools
- Provide creative solutions to implement complex business initiatives
- Ensures that departmental and company guidelines are enforced, including those related to security, safety, change management, and code configuration
- Works closely with external vendors and suppliers to clearly define engagement objectives, defines success criteria, monitor progress, and implement corrective actions as needed
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stake holders
- Provide leadership to direct report and/or cross-functional teams
- Driving technical decisions to ensure optimal architectural solutions and delivery of capabilities and managing project work of employees across various companies to deliver project scope
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives and teams
- Clear understanding of Cloud computing and AWS environment and offerings
- Solid experience as a leader and a coach, with ability to build and organize teams
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget
- Expertise in developing software in JAVA / J2EE, Mobile (iOS / Andriod, Angular / Responsive) Technology (Distributed, SOA – REST, WS etc.).
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
- Solid understating of project and program management principles
- 10-15 years’ experience in technology
- 4+ years’ experience in leading large teams and programs
- Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
- Passion for learning new technologies and sharing that passion and awareness with your team
- Demonstrates strong ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred