Manager, Technology Projects – 10017
Responsible for IT project management related to Nielsen Analytics Platform (AP) applications: Compile and analyze the technical business system requirements for new analytical applications/projects or modifications to existing reporting solutions, perform the feasibility and needs analysis, and provide alternative solutions. Assess business processes, workflows and current practices of AP applications, including Pricing Insights, Assortments, Benchmarks and Reporting applications. Architect, design and develop AP data/reporting frameworks, and enterprise-level analytical and reporting applications involving Big Data technologies. Architect and design Cloud-based AP Next Gen architecture. Design and develop the data models, and source data common repositories and data ingestion frameworks to ingest the data from various data factories. Analyze the data libraries, data transfer applications, existing frameworks, processes, system conflicts, roadblocks and bottlenecks, and provide solutions for efficient and accurate dissemination of enterprise data. Define and develop ingestion specifications, preferred formats, data integrity checks and directory structures for staging and edge nodes for data flow from data factories. Design, develop and implement the governing rules to ensure data integrity and availability sourced from internal and external sources, including Scan, Audit, Loyalty and Retail Measurement Services data sources. Ensure that all deployments of AP applications strictly adhere to enterprise change management processes, and only approved and scheduled changes are implemented in production environments. Assess and ensure the quality of Analytics Platform applications deliverables, and support continuous improvement initiatives by developing and implementing standardized procedures, best practices, reusable code and functionality, and testing procedures. Plan and manage end-to-end project activities, including stakeholder communications, status and operations meetings, risk assessment, assignment of technical and personnel resources and related budget allocation, and tracking milestones and quality, on-time and in-budget project deliverables. Oversee (without supervisory authority) 10 to 25 third-party consultants (software engineers). Involves domestic and international travel, up to 10 times/year for up to 10 days/trip. Tools and technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Agilecraft, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Oozie, Selenium, SonarQube, Ansible, Scoop, TIBCO Spotfire, Microstrategy, Apache Airflow, Hadoop, Mapreduce, Cloudera Impala, Spark, Java, Sencha ExtJs, TIBCO EMS and Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering (any), or a related field (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 3 years of experience in IT project management/leadership (would also accept a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience).
- This must include 3 years of experience in:
- architecting, designing and developing Big Data applications for retail market research using Hadoop, Mapreduce, Impala and Spark;
- architecting, designing and developing retail analytics and business intelligence reporting applications using Java, Sencha ExtJs, TIBCO Spotfire and Microstrategy;
- release planning, artifact creation and sprint execution techniques (Product backlog grooming, Velocity and Burndown measurements);
- working with onsite and offshore vendor partners with Agile Scrum development model using Jira, Confluence, Agilecraft, Bitbucket and/or Jenkins;
- project leadership and management in Big Data processing project(s) involving data volume of 1 Peta Byte (PB).
- And 2 years of experience in:Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 10 times/year for up to 10 days/trip.
- application development in Microsoft Azure Cloud.