Manager,Technology Innovation - (203828)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exelon’s Exelorate Growth program identifies and develops new business opportunities & revenue streams based on emerging technology, business model and regulatory changes. It works across all of Exelon’s three verticals: Generation, Transmission & Distribution and Retail energy. The role of Principal, Exelorate Growth is to create a healthy portfolio of new revenue stream businesses for Exelon.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify, analyze and help Growth board select emerging strategic opportunity areas
- Drive validation and challenge the status quo in the incubation of business concepts within the various opportunity areas; drive business model innovation
- Develop a path to scale for the successfully validated business concepts
- Support the Founders in tasks requiring cross-company collaboration and common business services such as legal, regulatory and finance
- Manage the Growth OS:
- Day-to-day program coordination
- Evolving the strategy and processes of program aspects such as organization, rewards and incentives, funding etc.
- Budget allocation, management
- Identifying and recruiting entrepreneurial talent
- MBA with 5-10 years of experience in the energy industry / entrepreneurship / Venture Capital
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence; experience driving change in an organization
- Significant experience in the following: new revenue generation, product development, consumer insights, strategic thinking and planning, sales & business development
- Demonstrated ability to operate in highly ambiguous conditions to set vision, make fluid decisions and tenacity to achieve goals
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of business management and with external partners & vendors
- Entrepreneurship/VC experience
- Technical/EngineeringBachelor’s degree
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.