Job ID 562934BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
BAMTECH Media is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. BAMTECH Media owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, PGA TOUR, and MLS, along with the upcoming Riot Games’ League of Legends eSports service, and forthcoming ESPN-branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, BAMTECH Media’s mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, BAMTECH Media is headquartered in New York, with European headquarters in Amsterdam. To learn more, visit BAMTECHMedia.com
Reporting to the Director of Technology Finance, this position will play an integral role in partnering with technology leaders within the organization in all aspects of planning and analysis that encompass our Technology investments. This role will be required to prepare and present analysis directly to financial, operational and technology executives.
- Coordination, review, and analysis of financial results
- Development of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and monthly forecasts in collaboration with technology and business executives, including preparation of senior management presentations and financial reporting packages
- Ongoing identification of cost savings opportunities
- Optimization of budgeting and planning tools (SAP, Excel)
Technology Investment/Project Financial Management
- Partnering with Technology partners in the creation of Project Authorization Requests (PARs) and Financial Pro Formas
- Document and/or assist with project benefits realization and post?mortem reviews
- Support contract negotiation, including lease vs. buy decisions
- Analyze Technology strategy related to storage, application consolidation, business development/research & innovation
- Financial and cost control process improvements
- Assist in project authorization and post?mortem process improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of experiencerequired – within Technology and/or New Media a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, including modeling and specialized functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi?task and deploy resources efficiently
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of the broader objectives
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management and stakeholders, specifically Senior Management
- Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Knowledge of financialprocesses and financial systems, including ERP, Reporting, and Planning tools
- SAP and Cognos experience a plus
- Budgeting and forecastingexperience highly desired
- Education – B.S. in Finance or Accounting
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.