Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Core Banking TS team within Personal Banking Product TS is accountable for the systems, applications and services that deliver Everyday Banking products and services to TD customers. Reporting directly to the AVP, Core Banking TS, this is a key leadership position that offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for the selected candidate to help drive transformational change that brings the Canadian Banking &Wealth TS strategy to life within the Core Banking TS team
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
Strategy and Leadership
- Drive team and stakeholder alignment to CB&W TS strategy and Target Operating Model
- Exemplify TD Leadership attributes and Shared Commitments individually and as a people leader
- Champion full agile enablement of the delivery portfolio
Technology Delivery and Execution
- End to End ownership of assigned Core Banking TS project delivery outcomes (~$2.5MM – $3MM annual spend)
- Champion agile delivery adoption on the Core Banking TS delivery portfolio
- Opportunistically leverage and adopt DevOps enablement, test automation and other tools to materially lower T2M and delivery cost
- Proactive ownership and speedy resolution of risks and issues impacting successful delivery of committed outcomes
- Own delivery budget and ensure spend meets CB&W TS financial objectives (Monthly and quarterly forecast accuracy)
- Forge strong partnerships with the business as a trusted technology partner, adviser and technology thought leader
Talent & Team Development
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and direction to team of IT professionals in ensuring successful delivery of outcomes in alignment with business and technology strategic goals
- Actively develop a high performance, outcomes-oriented delivery team within Core Banking TS
- Actively foster culture of innovative thinking, agile mindset and in-role leadership within the Core Banking TS team
Solution and asset ownership
- Own End to End solution on Change The Bank projects, actively and opportunistically leveraging the CB&W TS mid-tier to simplify solution design, align to target-state, and lower run costs and T2M
- Accountable for Total Cost of Ownership and compliance with control requirements for assigned applications
- Actively identify and execute opportunities to lower application run costs and meet overall CB&W TS Run the bank expense challenge objectives
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you are:
- An outstanding IT professional with an exceptional track record of delivering results
- An outcomes-oriented change agent who has helped teams and organizations mature and evolve into agile, best-in-class technology teams
- An innovative thinker and leader with a passion for developing and leading high-performance IT teams fully aligned to the organization’s strategic goals.and have
- Working experience in one or more of API development, host development & integration, DevOps
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.